“What are your hopes for the United States?”
I had to really think about this and this is what I came up with. They are listed in the order as I thought of them and not in the order of priority.
1. We find a cure for lupus. (My sister has had it for years.)
2. We find a cure for cancer. (I’ve lost many friends from this.)
3. We take the money we give to other countries and use it on our hungry and homeless in our country.
4. We make the education system realistic and relevant to our children, the future leaders of our country.
5. We stop making redundant and ridiculous laws just to make politicians look good.
6. We take care of elderly and retired citizens instead of taking more of their hard earned money and making it worth less.
7. We stop raising taxes at a time when the economy is in trouble.
8. We elect people who want to better our country rather than themselves and their friends.
9. We hold people accountable for their actions and stop making excuses for them.
10. We treat people fairly rather than according to their economic status, race, religion, or gender.
11. We encourage people to nurture their strengths in order to better the world.
12. We stop enabling people to become helpless and help them become useful to society.
13. We stop putting artificial preservatives and steroids in our food.
14. We stop charging extra for organic food.
15. We make the cost of living reasonable for all people.
16. We make school some place that children want to go rather than have to go.
Image: 'We're thinking of you'
Found on flickrcc.net