1. Godey’s Ladys Book - using catalogs then and now, fashion styles then and now; Sears catalog
2. Making cheese - then and now
3. Honey - have a beekeeper come in and talk to the class; uses of honey; honey never goes bad
4. Harvesting and Threshing - what harvest are grown in what states? How are crops harvested?; farm tools, how does weather affect crops?
5. Hat making - how are hats made; different kinds of hats, purposes of hats
6. Gathering nuts - different types of nuts, how nuts are used besides in cooking, the nutrients in nuts
7. Cooking with pumpkin - grow pumpkins, pumpkin recipes, jack o’lanterns
Picture from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder