Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Self Awareness Inventory

self In Self-Awareness: What Makes You…YOU?Angela Maiers, Speaker, Educator, Writer, Angela Maiers  invites us to take a self-awareness inventory. I decided to give it a try.

“Here is a simple self-awareness inventory that anyone can use to easily define and discover their traits and interests:
- My best trait is…
- I struggle most with…
- My favorite learning environment is…
- I help myself most by…
- Something that gets in the way of my learning is…
- I learn best by…
- I am interested in…
- My goals are…”

- My best trait is my positive attitude. I try to look on the bright side of things which I think affects my overall attitude.

- I struggle most with self-doubt. I am always second guessing my words and actions. Sometimes I feel that I’m not good enough, not smart enough, not funny enough, not likeable enough, not capable enough etc.

- My favorite learning environment is a quiet comfortable place with soft music in the background.

- I help myself most by giving myself pep talks to overcome the self-doubt.

- Something that gets in the way of my learning is fear. I’m afraid that I can’t do it or that I will fail.

- I learn best by watching someone else model it for me. This is why I love watching videos on how to do something so I can replay it over and over if I need it.

- I am interested in gardening, hiking, knitting, reading, spinning.

- My goals are to learn new things even if I’m afraid to do it.

It was interesting to put these thoughts in words. Even though I think I’m a positive person, I’m pretty negative towards myself. I think I need to work on that aspect in my life. I think sharing this with my students would help them see that I’m a person, just like they are.

Now, I challenge you to take the self-inventory. Please share your results either in the comments or in a blog post!

Image: 'sails'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66603426@N05/8000555319
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: