Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cozy Art Wall Decals – A Review

I was recently invited to do a review on some wall decals from Cozy Wall Art (http://cozywallart.com/) and I couldn’t wait to give them a try.Cozy Wall Art is also on Etsy.  I am not being paid to give this review.

There is a wide variety to choose from and are even grouped in categories such as Kids & Nursery, Animals, Trees & Nature, Decorative, Kitchen and Modern. I chose the Friendly Fish Wall Decals. They come in two sizes: Standard (22”x15”) for $20 or Large (35”x27”) for $40. I chose the large size. All products also come with a 90 day 100% guarantee as long as the product is in its original condition and unused. Plus orders over $50 come with free shipping.

After picking out the wall decals that I wante d to try, I notified them and was quickly sent the product. When I got the package, I couldn’t wait to open it up and put them on the wall. The wall decals came with the decals, a plastic squeegee, a sample flower decal, instructions and 3 lollipops (nice touch!). The decals came on one sheet and after reading the instructions, we couldn’t decide if we had to just put that one sheet up in one spot or if we could cut them apart so I gave them a call. My call was immediately answered and I was told that I could cut them apart so they could be spread around the wall.
DSC_0006The longest time involved me trying to place them where I wanted them. They recommend using masking tape or painters tape to arrange them on the wall where you want them. Once I placed them, I started to apply them to the wall. The first one was fiddly for me because I was afraid of messing up. So, I took the sample flower and tried it on a window so I could see the process that I needed to follow. After applying a couple of them to the wall, the rest went on easily. The big trick for me was that I needed to move slowly so that I didn’t have bubbles under the vinyl and that I also didn’t stretch the vinyl out of shape which cause tiny creases in one of the bubbles. Moving slow and steady was very important.

DSC_0012I really like how they look on the wall! One of the factors that appealed to me when I was reading the web site was the fact that they could be removed without ruining the wall. Of course I haven’t tried to take them off but I hope that is true. Many schools prohibit putting things up on the wall that can’t be removed without damaging the paint job. According to the company: "A trick for removing them: when you are ready to remove them, use your hairdryer! As you are about to peel them off, heat them up with the dryer. This reactivates the glue making them super easy to peel. (they are pretty easy to peel off without the hairdryer but this makes it even easier)."

I would recommend this wall art for several reasons:
1. There was a good variety to choose from.
2. The price was very reasonable.
3. These were easy to apply to the wall.
4. It looks pretty after it was applied.

So, if you have a chance, please check them out for your future decorating needs, whether in your classroom, or home, or even business.

Original photo by Pat Hensley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Thanks for posting! Truly a great way to decorate. I think simple wall decals (with class) can really add life to any classroom. I recently bought some wall silhouettes (safari animals) from www.LifeSizeSilhouettes.com to dress up my boy's room. What a difference! I was really pleased with them. Keep up the good ideas!