Thursday, August 9, 2018

Number Talks – Book Reviews

By Nancy Hughes that was graciously sent to me by Ulysses Press to review. I am not being paid for this review.

This book is for teachers who need to know how to explain math concepts. I thought the book was okay but most teachers know their concepts and how to teach it. This book just gives an example of each concept. Then the teacher can come up with more examples for each concept so that the students may practice as much as they need.

I think this is good for new teachers who don’t feel comfortable teaching basic math concepts. This gives them a frame of reference to use. But, I don’t think experienced teachers of math need this book. It might be a good book to have as a reference in the school’s professional library.

No comments: