Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Bllogging is Alive and Well


“Blogging is not dead and will not be while I and many others teach Digital Technologies! I am as passionate as ever about blogging and want my students to be too!”

I totally agree with this. I read many blog posts and I keep them organized in my aggregate reader, Feedly. I just go to this one place and I can see when my favorite blogs are updated. I do not have to bookmark them and then individually click on each bookmark. htis saves a lot of time and makes reading the blogs more enjoyable.

I blog for many different reasons.

My original intention was to share my knowledge and experience with struggling or new teachers.

Over the past 11 years, I have entered discussions about educational philosophy and shared my opinions about different topics.

I have given suggestions for classroom lessons on different topics.

When people write to me about a specific problem, I share my answer in a blog post because I think there may be others who have the same question and would find my answer interesting.

Sometimes I share my experiences about a specific product or company.

I like to write about professional development seminars that I attend and what I learned from them.

I also write about my travels and share new things that I’ve learned. I feel that learning is lifelong and happens on a daily basis.

Sometimes I just learn something new and want to share that with others.

When I teach my graduate class, I require my students to create a blog to write their reflections about their lessons. I also require others to comment on them. I hope this helps them learn that reflection and dialogue are both important. Some of my students continue to blog after the classx ends.

Do you blog? If so, please share the address so I can check it out.

Photo by Kaitlyn Baker on Unsplash







No comments: