Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Tribute to My Sister

My sister, Betsy, was born December 9, 1947. She was my parent’s oldest child and was born in Canton, China. When she was almost 2 years old, my parents brought her and my middle sister back to the United States where my mother was born and raised. She grew up in New York and when she was about 14 years old, my parents moved all three of us girls to Long Island.

When my sister graduated high school, she was diagnosed with Lupus Erythematosis. She was pretty sick and since this was an unknown disease, her prognosis was not very good. But she was so brave and refused to give up on life. I spent a lot of time with her even though she was 12 years older than I was and we were very close. When I was 14, she passed away in 1974 at the age of 26.


Even though it was so long ago, there are times that I still miss her. Today would have been her 68th birthday!

No comments: