Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Return to Christmas - Book Review

I recently read Return to Christmas by Kathi Macias.  I got this book from Netgalley and I am not being paid for this review.

I really enjoyed this book, which brought home the struggles that many military veterans face. Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is something the main character struggles with and tries to hide. Since he came home, Chet is having a hard time dealing with his life, looking for employment, and relationships.

This book would be appropriate for high school students and even open up a lot of discussion about PTSD. There may be some students who have family members dealing with this and may help them understand it better. It would be a great topic for further research and discussion in the classroom.

I would recommend this for a classroom bookshelf or in the school library.

No comments: