Monday, June 17, 2013

Unraveling - A Book Review

Unraveling jkt des5.inddI recently read the book Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

This young adult fiction was an awesome novel! Once I started reading this book, I found it hard to put it down. The story was so exciting that I didn’t want to stop until I knew how the story would turn out. It starts off exciting and continues throughout the whole story. This high school girl dies and is mysteriously brought back to life by another student. The mystery of what happened is fascinating and the plot twists are brought together in the end which was masterful writing by the author and I can’t wait to read the next book: Unbreakable! There are so many topics that could be used in a class discussion such as mental illness, bipolar disorder, work ethic, sibling relationships, date rape, drugs, chemistry, parallel universes, honesty, friendships and so much more! Enclosed with the book is a discussion guide that would be extremely helpful to teachers. This would be a great addition to a school library.

I definitely give this book a 5 out of 5!

No comments: