Wow! Where did May go? It seems like I was just reviewing April’s goals and here it is June! I am kind of looking forward to seeing how I have done so far. All of my goals can be found here.
For the year:
1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. ( I accomplished this!)
2. I want to knit a sweater. (I am finished one and now I’m working on another one - The Old Man and the Sea cardigan by MSkiKnits!)
3. I want to dye yarn. (Now that it is warming up, I need to get serious about doing this. I have already purchased some bare yarn and still need to get some other supplies.)
4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. (My lawn is looking better than it ever has but I guess that expensive fertilizer did the trick. Now I need to get weeding! My perennials are blooming and things are shaping up. )
5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. (I continue to watch what I agree to do. There are so many neat opportunities that pop up but then when I have time to process the information, I realize it sounds good but I would end up feeling trapped if I commit to doing it.)
6. I will find something good in each day. (It has been another great month!)
7. I will learn archery. (I still haven’t signed up for my lessons yet but we need to do this before August.)
8. I will nurture old friendships. (We have gone out to dinner with several friends and really enjoyed it.)
9. I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year. (I have lost 7 lbs. so far and really happy with it. I’m trying to walk 10,000 steps each day and eating no more than 1500 calories.)
1. I will eat healthy. (I am eating healthier than I ever have. It is getting easier to do this and I don’t seem to have to work so hard at it. Many of my decisions are becoming natural.)
2. I will exercise. (Now that it is warming up, we have started walking in the park again as well as using the treadmill.)
3. I will stretch. (I am doing squats, crunches, and curls every day.)
4. I will read my bible. (Since we have started camping in places that I don’t have a cell or internet service, the online bible is harder to access. I had to pull out my old bible and use it. So there were many days this month that I missed reading. Hopefully I will get back on track now.)
5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. (I have been avoiding weeding and now have to make myself get off the computer to weed and use computer time as a reward.)
6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. (I need to do better with this.)
7. I will be happy. (Life has been good. I don’t have to work very hard on this.)
Overall, it has been a great month. I’m really happy with my eating and exercise habits this month. We just bought a new camper and it is a fun adventure which makes us happy.
Have you reviewed your goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year? How are you doing? If you haven’t achieved something yet, don’t give up. Just begin now.