Wednesday, June 26, 2013

31 Years Ago

Love31 years ago today, I married my best friend! It was a hot humid day but the sun was shining and we were married at the Furman University Bell Tower. Life was good and just beginning for us as a couple. I didn’t realize how lucky I was at the time but looking back now, I truly can appreciate what that monumental step led to. We continue to have a rich and wonderful life together and look forward to many more years in the future.

Every year has gotten better and better and I’m so lucky to have found someone willing to put up with me all this time. We balance each other and together we are better people.

Anyone who thinks a good marriage is easy is wrong. Every year we work on keeping our marriage strong. We don’t keep secrets from each other and we make sure that we are the most important person to each other.

I can’t imagine life without my best friend! I love you Don!

Original image by Pat Hensley

1 comment:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Congratulations on getting to this point. Happy anniversary, Pat and Don.