Thursday, May 10, 2018

End of the Year Tips

The end of the year is quickly approaching, and it can be overwhelming too. There are lots of information that needs to be turned in, my classroom is usually a mess, and I don’t know what to do first. Here are the things I start to think about and do around one month before school ends.

1.     Make a list of all of the things that need to be done before the end of school. Put this in a place that can be easily seen and not forgotten. I can add things as they are asked of me. These can be checked off as things that get done.
2.     Gather all things that need to be filed in one area. File things that need to be filed. If there is anything that I don’t need anymore, is outdated, or broken. I can give these things away or toss them in the trash.
3.     Divide the classroom into specific areas and then tackle each area separately. Pick an area and decide if there is anything that I don’t need anymore, is outdated, or broken. I can give these things away or toss them in the trash but there is no reason to keep them in the classroom.
4.     If I’m going to have to box things up for a move, then I need to find boxes now. Box things up that I don’t need for the rest of the year.
5.     I need to talk to any parent and student who may not pass my class.
6.     Prepare my final exams, study guides, and answer keys. I can edit this before I give it if necessary.
7.     Take home or get rid of any foodstuff in my classroom that will not last over the summer.
8.     Have students fill out a survey on what they liked, didn’t like, or what they would change in their lessons to make them more interesting. These surveys are really enlightening because students are thrilled to be asked for their input and take this very seriously.
9.     Think about the beginning of the school year and what I might need. Put these things in one area (file cabinet or box) so that it can be easily accessed when I return. This makes my life easier at the beginning of the year.

Do you have any end of the year tips? Please share.

-->

No comments: