Monday, January 5, 2015

Monthly Review of Goals from December

December was a rough month because we were sick for about 2 weeks and was miserable most of that time.

Yearly goals:

Try at least 12 new recipes (one per month). 

  • January – Quinoa Meatballs
  • February – Mushroom Lasagna
  • March – Chicken Quesadilla
  • April – Grilled Asian Chicken
  • May – Simple Green Smoothie
  • June - Barbecue Ribs with my father’s secret barbecue sauce. This is the first time I’ve made ribs. 
  • July – The plant engineer at the school gave me loads of squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. So, I diced up some chicken and sautéed it with the diced up squash, zucchini, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. I added oyster sauce and soy sauce too. It came out really tasty.
  • August – Fantastic Meatloaf from the Trim Healthy Mama book. I tried several new recipes from this book. Some were good and others were just okay. 
  • September – I didn’t cook at all because we were traveling all month.
  • October – I didn’t cook anything new since we weren’t home much.
  • November – I got a new Vitamix so I tried out several smoothie recipes from the Vitamix recipe book and from www.rebootwithjoe.com 
  • December – Lots of smoothies using our vitamix! 
Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – I didn’t achieve this goal. 

Knit a Fair Isle vest.  – I am still working on this when I’m home and enjoying it.

Learn to chain ply some handspun yarn. (I finished this in July and I’m glad I tried it. I think I overplied the final yarn though. I need to learn to treadle slower so it doesn’t twist so tightly and kink up on itself.) – Started a new Loop batt and  did a little better but the single kept breaking. Obviously I need more work on this. 

Dye yarn and fiber – Did not achieve this goal.

Spin my camel, yak, and cashmere fiber. Amended to add: or try different techniques

  • January -  spun camel/merino/silk blend fiber in  
  • March – tried drafting back when spinning instead of my usual short forward draft. This made my yarn turn out much loftier.
  • April – Spun my yak/merino fiber
Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals:

Daily - Read the bible and keep a log so I can tell how I am doing. – I’ve read it every day all year. 

Daily - Do strength exercises for 30 minutes each day. – I have done this when we have been home but not so much when we are cruising. 

Weekly - Walk at least 10,000 steps for 4 days every week. (4.3 miles per day for 4 days/120.4 miles per month)

  • January – 159.01 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
  • February – 130.27 miles  (avg. 4.7 miles per day)
  • March – 161.13 miles (avg.5.2 miles per day)
  • April – 166.86 (avg. 5.5 miles per day)
  • May - 144.34 miles (avg. 4.7 miles per day)
  • June -  139.99 miles (avg. 4.67 miles per day)
  • July -   117.02 miles (avg. 3.77 miles per day)
  • August – 139.24 miles (avg. 4.5 miles per day)
  • September – 148.8  miles (avg. 5 miles per day)
  • October -   108.2 miles (3.5 avg.  miles per day) – this has been my lowest mileage all year so far
  • November – 119.29 miles (avg. 4 miles per day)
  • December -  125.23 miles (avg. 4 miles per day)
Weekly - Keep a journal and write down 5 things that I’m thankful for – I didn’t do a very good job at this. 

Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month.

  • January - Life in Stitches by Rachel Herron. 
  • February – The Spinners Book of Yarn Design by Sarah Anderson
  • March – To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
  • April – David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
  • May – The Biography of Shirley Jones
  • June – Spartan Up by Joe De Sena
  • July – Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • August – The Little Book Shop of Stone Gap by Wendy Welch
  • September – Wild by Cheryl Strayed
  • October – Life Below Stairs: True Lives of Edwardian Servants by Alison Maloney
  • November - Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown by Eric Blehm
  • December – 700 Sunday by Billy Joel
Overall for the year:

Yearly goals – 66% successful completion: I did not reach my target weight and I didn’t dye my own yarn

Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals – 60% successful completion: I walked 120 miles per month for 9 out of the 12 months; I did not write my weekly blessings list on a regular basis, and I didn’t do my strength exercises regularly. 

Image: 'Goals
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68131855@N00/739519564
Found on flickrcc.net



No comments: