Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Word of the Year – Appreciate

Last year’s word was support and I think I’ve done a good job doing that last year.  I thought about this often and it helped me make better decisions about things that I wanted to do.



This year’s word is going to be “Appreciate.”


I’m going to appreciate the person that I am and work on building up my strengths instead of worrying so much about my weaknesses.


I’m going to appreciate other people in my life more. Rather than think about how some people irritate me or focusing on their quirks, I’m going to appreciate them for the person that they are.


I’m going to appreciate all of the things around me more and not take things for granted so much.


I’m going to appreciate how lucky I am and what a great life I have. I have wonderful family and friends who really make a difference in my life.


I’m going to do a better job this year letting others know how much I appreciate them. This may be people who are close to me and I see often. These may be strangers who I come across during the day who are kind to others or me. These may be people who because of their hard work make my life better.


What word or theme would you like to guide you this year? Please share.





No comments: