- Try at least 12 new recipes (one per month).
- January – Quinoa Meatballs
- February – Mushroom Lasagna
- March – Chicken Quesadilla
- April – Grilled Asian Chicken
- May – Simple Green Smoothie
- Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – My weight stayed the same this month
- Knit a Fair Isle vest. (not started yet)
- Learn to chain ply some handspun yarn. (not started yet)
- Dye yarn and fiber. (not started yet)
- Spin my camel, yak, and cashmere fiber. Amended to add: or try different techniques
- January - spun camel/merino/silk blend fiber in
- March – tried drafting back when spinning instead of my usual short forward draft. This made my yarn turn out much loftier.
- April – Spun my yak/merino fiber
- Daily - Read the bible and keep a log so I can tell how I am doing. – I’ve read it every day in January, February, March, April, and May.
- Daily - Do strength exercises for 30 minutes each day. – I have done this every day.
- Weekly - Walk at least 10,000 steps for 4 days every week. (4.3 miles per day for 4 days/120.4 miles per month)
- a. January – 159.01 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
- February – 130.27 miles (avg. 4.7 miles per day)
- March – 161.13 miles (avg.5.2 miles per day)
- April – 166.86 (avg. 5.5 miles per day)
- May -144.34 miles (avg. 4.7 miles per day)
- Weekly - Keep a journal and write down 5 things that I’m thankful for. – Every Sunday I take time to jot down the 5 things. – I missed a few weeks in May. I need to do better.
- Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month.
- January - Life in Stitches by Rachel Herron.
- February – The Spinners Book of Yarn Design by Sarah Anderson
- March – To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
- April – David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- May – The Biography of Shirley Jones
Found on flickrcc.net