In, Strengthening The Ties Within The Blogging Community from A GeekyMomma's Blog, Lee Kolbert shares her answers to a blog Meme. I thought I would join in because I enjoy learning more about others.
Here's how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you
My random facts about myself:
- I have played an accordion since I was 4 years old.
- I taught myself to knit using YouTube videos.
- I love to hike.
- I lost 20 lbs. this year and need to lose another 10.
- My oldest sister and mother died from lupus and my middle sister still suffers from it.
- I love to teach.
- I’m afraid of the dark.
- I love to travel and meet new people.
- I am a volunteer with the Red Cross and work on a Disaster Action Team that goes out to local disasters.
- I am a volunteer at the state park and lead school classes on nature hikes.
- I definitely suffer from Imposter Syndrome a lot of the time. Do you?
My answers to Lee's questions:
- What did you always want to "be" when you grew up? I always wanted to be a teacher ever since I learned to read.
- What kind of car do you currently drive? A 2007 Toyota Prius
- What would most people be surprised to find out about you? That I still play an accordion.
- How much time passes between the time when you wake up and your check your phone? 10 minutes because I need to check the app I use to log my steps and calories from the previous day to an online weight loss group.
- When did you last write a blogpost? Today.
- Do you suffer from Imposter Syndrome? Most definitely!
- What would you do if you were not afraid? I would climb up to Half dome at Yosemite National park.
- What's the most bizarre food you've ever eaten? Iguana in Belize
- Do you still live in the town where you grew up? No, I grew up on Long Island in NY and now live in South Carolina.
- If you have kids, do you let them run around in restaurants? (If you do, I hate you!) When my kids were little, they were NOT allowed to run around in restaurants.
- What's your secret indulgence? I love pasta and could eat it every day for every meal if I let myself.
My questions for YOU are below.
1. What secret talent do you have that no one knows about?
2. What would you love to do if money and time were no object?
3. What place would you love to travel to before you die?
4. What non-family member has influenced you the most in your career?
5. What moment made you the most proud?
6. If you could relive your life, what is something you wish you would do differently?
7. Have you seen someone from the past who let you know that you influenced their life? If so, how did you do that?
8. What are you afraid of?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. What is your favorite technology?
I nominate my readers to carry this meme forward. I really don’t like to pick specific people because that seems too much like a chain letter to me. So, if you want to give this a try, please write a blog post and come back here to leave a comment letting me know you joined in so I can read your post!