September is gone and another birthday has passed. October has arrived and the fall temperatures are invigorating. I am excited to see the leaves change colors. It is time to review my goals and see how I did last month. All of my goals can be found here. The ones that are in bold are ones that I have already accomplished.
For the year:
1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. (I accomplished this!)
2. I want to knit a sweater. (I’ve started on the Gnarled Oak cardigan from the Coastal Knits Book. The body is finished and most of one sleeve is done.)
3. I want to dye yarn. (Still haven’t done this yet but I’m getting closer to being in the mood!)
4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. (It is time to do some fall cleaning in my flower beds. I also need to separate some compost from my worm composting system.)
5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. (It has really been wonderful not to be overcommitted!)
6. I will find something good in each day. (I haven’t had one day that was totally horrible. There has been something good in every day)
7. I will learn archery. (We went for our lessons on Monday.)
8. I will nurture old friendships. (I haven’t had lunch with any old friends this month and I need to do a better job this month).
9. I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year. (I have lost a total of 21 pounds since January. I would like to lose 9 more this year.)
1. I will eat healthy. (I have been eating around 1300 calories each day. I need to eat healthy calories and not bad ones though.)
2. I will exercise. (I am hitting 10,000 steps regularly.)
3. I will stretch. (I stretch and do strength exercises for 20 minutes each day.)
4. I will read my bible. (I haven’t done this at all in September.)
5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. (This goal has helped me get a lot of things done around the house.)
6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. (Every day I try to send an email or message through Facebook.)
7. I will be happy. (Consciously thinking this helps me start each day with a smile.)
I think I can be proud of all that I have done so far. I see that I only have one goal that hasn’t been touched so far. At least I still have 3 months to work on it.
Have you reviewed your goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year? How are you doing? If you haven’t achieved something yet, don’t give up. Just begin now.