Monday, September 30, 2013

Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child - A Book Review

Middle Child I recently sent the book Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child by Maria T. Lennon and asked to review it. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

The title intrigued me and I think it would catch the interest of many middle school or high school students. The story is told from the viewpoint of Charlie, a middle school age girl who was kicked out of one school and now must attend a new school. She faces a lot of challenges and learns that you can’t hide from the past. Trying to make new friends, she has to decide what her values are and what she stands for. It was so interesting that I didn’t want to put the book down until I knew how the story would end up.

This would be a great book to use in the classroom as a class novel or as an individual read for a book report. There are many topics that would lead to interesting discussions such as: peer relationships, sibling relationships, jealousy, character development, expulsion from school, fitting in, making new friends, honesty, sticking up for what is right, tolerance, bullying, and trust.

If you are looking for a book to read in class, I would definitely check this one out!

No comments: