Thursday, October 24, 2013

iStreamline-Simple Teaching Ideas for iPads in the Classroom

pattycake(I recently attended the SC Ed Tech 2013 Conference. One of the great reasons I like this conference is that it is in my town so I don’t have to pay for a hotel! The other reason is that I connect with so many other educators. I always pick up something new from a session and if I don’t learn something new, I’m always looking at how the material is presented in order to hone my own presentation skills. For the next few days I plan on sharing the notes that I took from the sessions.)

I streamline -simple teaching ideas for iPads in the classroom by Donna Thompson

Cat video playing patty cake

Project: Take sound out of videos and have students narrate) Teachers dance behind students, Escalator

Streamlinesc.org

SCETVStudent/scetv

dthompson @scetv.org

QR codes

ICab mobile app $1.99 lets you download videos

Air server:share and project your iPad display through your classroom computer to your projector. $11, download on your computer, must be on same network

Splash top:control your desktop computer with your iPad. Your iPad becomes a mobile presenter tool in your classroom. Don't be tied down to your desk. $10

iMovie -$4.99

Edit movies made on iPad

My Takeaway:

I liked the idea of taking sound out of videos and letting the students come up with their own dialogue. I think this would encourage creativity and imagination.

Do you have students do this? If so, what did you do? Please share.

Image: 'Paddy Cake, Patty Cake...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10101046@N06/2819040761
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: