Sunday, September 16, 2007

Why am I doing this?

When I recently retired after 29 years of teaching, I knew that I had so much information that made classroom teaching successful and I wanted to share it with others. I found out that after being chosen Teacher of the Year for my school and a top 10 finalist for my district, that my ideas worked for many different fields and not just the one that I taught in. As other teachers throughout my school and the district sought out my advice and ideas, I found myself repeating information to different people and felt that there had to be a better way of getting these strategies out to others. My main goal is to help other teachers have successful teaching experiences so they will continue to be happy effective teachers. A big problem throughout our educational system is retaining effective teachers and this is one way for me to do my part.

3 comments:

Christopher Phillips said...

Pat- I was excited to read that you are involved with the Council for Exceptional Children- hopefully you will write about your experiences in special education. I work with the National Resource Center for Paraprofessionals and would especially love to hear about your experiences with paraeducators in your classroom.

loonyhiker said...

Marilyn - Today I wrote about working with my parapros and hope you enjoy it!

Christopher Phillips said...

Thank you so much for your article on paraprofessionals- we actually linked to it from our Para News Blog- Thanks!