Monday, January 4, 2021

Word of the Year – Mindfulness

My word of the year for 2021 is MINDFULNESS

According to Dictionary.com:

The definition of Mindfulness is

“the state or quality of being mindful or aware of something.”

I know there are things I’ve done in the past that I wish I hadn’t done. I know that I miss my parents and all the things I miss telling them.

I know that sometimes I worry about the future and things that may happen. I worry about a lot of “what ifs” that may never happen.

By worrying about the past and the future, I miss out on stuff that is happening now. I hope to focus on things that are happening in the present time so I can appreciate it more.

I want to be more mindful of my surroundings, emotions, and situations as they happen.

What is your word for the year? Please share.

Photo by Lesly Juarez on Unsplash

No comments: