Thursday, January 2, 2020

Review of Yearly Goals – December 2019


We were in Florida and on cruises for most of the month. My weight went up from all the rich food and salt but I couldn’t seem to stop myself from enjoying the food. I was able to keep up with my photo project even though I wasn’t at home and the internet was scarce.


My yearly goals are:

1.     Lose 10 lbs. This seems to be my continuing goal each year and hopefully, this is the year that I reach it.
2.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. (There are 60 squares in the pattern, and this is year 2 of the project.) - complete
3.     Knit a sweater.  - complete
4.     Finish my Squishy Blanket (pattern: Bits and Bobs by Kay Jones).
5.     Learn how to use my sewing machine. - complete
6.     2019 Photo A Day Project – I participate in this every other year and I feel it helps me learn how to take better photos.
7.     Publish a book - This is a big one for me and I won’t believe it until the project is complete and I have a hard copy of the book in hand. - complete
8.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are biographies or autobiographies.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave it in the comments. - complete

Results: I’ve decided to color code my results. Red = bad, Green = Work in Progress, Strike through = completed.

1.     Gained five pounds since the beginning of the year.
2.     I knit 3 more squares this month and completed my goal.
3.     I finished my sweater on 2/20/19
4.     I finished my squishy blanket!
5.     Finished my skirt and top. 2/13/19
6.     I am continuing the photo a day project!
7.     My book was released on 3/19/19.
8.     I’ve read 14 biographies:
a.     The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
b.     High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband by Evelyn Husband.
c.     Miracles from Heaven by Christy Wilson Beam
d.     Harry: A Biography of a Prince by Angela Levin
e.     Robin by Dave Itzkoff
f.      In Pieces by Sally Field
g.     Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser
h.     Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
i.      Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan
j.      North of Normal by Cea Sunrise Person
k.     Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan
l.      The Farmer's Son: Calving Season on a Family Farm by John Connell
m.   The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King
n.     Small Fry by Lisa Brennan-Jobs

Are you working on yearly goals? How are you doing? Please share.

Photo by Vek Labs on Unsplash










No comments: