Thursday, December 6, 2018

Happy 99th Birthday

Tomorrow will be my father’s 99th birthday. I’m so thankful that he is my father and I started thinking of all the good memories I’ve had with him and wanted to share them with you.

I remember:

·      Going grocery shopping at Pathmark on his one day off a week.
·      Taking me to accordion lessons on his day off.
·      Teaching me how to ride a bicycle.  
·      Sitting in the recliner with him on Saturday and watching old western shows.
·      Watching John Wayne movies on TV.
·      Taking me to the movies to see the newest James Bond movie.
·      Going deep sea fishing on a boat with his friends.
·      Driving me to church and picking me up after it was over.  
·      Driving me to West Islip High school when I didn’t want to ride the bus.
·      Working together at Mei Ting restaurant.
·      Driving to SC in the summers for vacation.
·      Going camping in the camper.
·      Driving me to Furman in the camper.
·      Giving me cooking lessons in your kitchen.
·      Going to the dog track.
·      Buying turkeys for Gary’s restaurant at the grocery store and telling people arriving in the parking lot the store was giving them away!
·      Visiting him at the different country clubs where he worked as a waiter.
·      Going on cruises with him and my stepmom.

I really enjoyed going down memory lane and I look forward to his journey to his 100th year!

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: