Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A List of Cages – Book Review


I recently read the book A List of Cages by Robin Roe from Netgalley.  I am not being paid for this review. The paperback book is for sale on Amazon for $12.57 and the Kindle version for $10.99.

This book is an intense and heartbreaking young adult book. It is about the friendship of two young men in high school. One boy, a freshman, is living with his uncle because his parents had been killed and he suffers from dyslexia. The other boy is a senior and suffers from ADHD. I really enjoyed reading this book because it was very emotional and suspenseful. I couldn’t put it down because I wanted to know what would happen next but in the same way, I was afraid of what would happen next.
I would recommend this for high school students to read. There was some profanity and some conversations involving sex but neither were the main focus of the story. This book would open up discussions about dyslexia, ADHD, peer relationships, honesty, and child abuse. I think many students would have strong reactions to the story. I can see this book in a school library or classroom.


No comments: