Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Veteran’s Day


Today is Veteran’s Day in the United States.

According to the Public Holiday’s site:

Veterans Day is a public holiday that is dedicated to honoring anyone who has served in the United States military. The holiday began as a day to remember the end of World War I and was declared a holiday by President Woodrow Wilson in 1919. Originally known as Armistice Day, the holiday became Veterans Day in 1954.

My husband served in the Navy during the Vietnam War and my brother in law served in the Army during the Vietnam War. One of my cousins also served in the military during the Vietnam War. My father served in the Army during WWII.

To all of my family and friends who have served in the military in the past and in the present, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service.


No comments: