Last week, we were in Florida and had a wonderful time in spite of the weather. We headed to Florida on Sunday and the trip was smooth and uneventful. Georgia had loads of traffic cops fishing for offenders. We arrived at the Wyndham Cypress Palms early but they let us check in which is good since we stopped at Walmart on the way and picked up supplies, including chocolate milk. Next time I need to remember to check in first and then get supplies in case our condo isn’t ready yet. We signed up for the sales talk (we were told it would take place upstairs and only last an hour) for the next morning.
On Monday morning we went to the meeting at 7:50 and found out we had to drive over to Star Island. That annoyed me because they lied to me the day before. We didn’t leave there until almost 10am! Then we went to AAA to buy our annual passes to Disney World, which saved us over $50.
The first park we went to was Animal Kingdom and the crowds were not that bad there. When we exchanged our vouchers for real tickets at the park, the lady noticed that Sunday had been my birthday and I was given two huge pins to wear. All day long, people were wishing me a happy birthday. We rode the Safari ride twice and the Everest roller coaster twice. The park closed at 5 so we left and called it a day.
On Tuesday it rained all day long so we didn’t go to any park. Instead we went shopping and had a nice day.
Wednesday was a beautiful day so we went to Hollywood Studios. There were a lot more people than I expected but it wasn’t too bad. We rode the Rockin’ Roller Coaster 3 times before doing anything else. Then we rode the Tower of Terror twice. In the evening we met up with our friends, Phil and Carol, for dinner at the Bahama Breeze. It’s always great to see them again.
On Thursday we went to the Magic Kingdom and the weather turned out lovely. The crowds weren’t bad and we were able to ride the major rides several times. We left about 5pm and was amazed at the crowds coming in for the special Halloween party. After dinner we hung out at the hot tub and socialized with people who were in town for a softball tournament.
We went to Epcot on Friday. It only sprinkled rain on us once but most of the day was hot and sunny. We never got on “Soarin’” because the wait time was 75 minutes and we didn’t want to wait in line that long. It was a fun day but we left around 5pm because we were tired. When we got back to the condo we did laundry and packed up.
Things I Learned:
1. A lot of foreigners come to Disney World.
2. Wearing the birthday pins and having people wish me a happy birthday all day made me feel special. That is a really nice touch. People also wore pins for their 1st visit or their anniversary.
3. I love watching little children as they experience the park.
4. I’m so glad I bring a bottle of water, granola bars, and mixed nuts to eat as a snack.
5. I don’t like the Disney app to use for FastPass tickets. You can’t always pick the rides you want and if then they throw in one they want even if it is something you aren’t interested in.
6. It is fun to talk to people and find out where they are from.
7. I need to get a FastPass for Soarin’ at Epcot as soon as we get there.
8. There was only 1 FastPass kiosk in the center of Epcot we were told but we never did see it.
9. At Epcot, the ride “Sum of all Thrills” shows how math and science is used to design rides like a roller coaster. I am excited every time we do this ride because I think it is a great learning experience for kids as well as fun.
10. At Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival, if you are an annual pass visitor and get your “passport’ stamped on 2 different days, you can go on a third day and get a free wine glass.
Original Photo by Pat Hensley