Thursday, July 3, 2014

Why I Blog

bloggingIn Why do you blog? From Blogush, Paul Bogush talks about why he blogs. I thought this would be a good time to reflect on why I blog and see if it is different now than when I first started.

When I first started, I didn’t know many people who blogged and some people looked at me funny when I said that I blogged. Now there are many blogs out there on many different subjects.

Reasons I started:

I wanted to reflect on my past teaching practices.

I wanted to share my teaching strategies with others.

I wanted to stay connected with other educators.

I wanted to refine, reflect, and refresh my teaching philosophy.

Reasons I continue to blog:

I want to share my experiences so that new and struggling teachers will have an easier time.

I want to share my beliefs and opinions about the education system.

I want to give links to sites that I think might be good resources for the classroom so that teachers don’t have to waste a lot of time looking for useful sites.

I want to review books and products so that other teachers can find out about these things without having to spend too much time doing this on their own.

I want to stay connected with other educators.

I want to continue to learn from others.

Do you blog? If so, why do you do so? And if you have blogged for over a year or more, please share whether your reasons have changed since then.

Image: 'Why Aren't You Blogging?'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9106303@N05/4379144635
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: