Week 3 went smoothly and I think we are all getting in a rhythm that is working. The beginning of the week was rainy which kind of threw everyone for a loop. Some of the children were lethargic and I have to admit that the rain made me feel the same way. Our meltdown boy made it to the last 10 minutes of the day and the teacher walked him to the car.
Again, I saw some great lessons such as:
· Jumping on the number line on the floor in order to add numbers.
· Learning to identify fact and opinion and practicing in learning centers.
· Learning how to ask questions about our reading.
· Older children learned to identify idioms and similes in their reading book.
· Older children learned about variables in an algebraic equation.
I have to say that I think the teacher’s blogs have been fantastic! I love reading their thoughts about the week and how their lessons go. Some reflections have been so insightful and thought provoking. I hope they continue to blog after the program ends because I would like to keep up with them and how their school year is going.
If you get a chance, please check out the teacher’s blogs and leave a comment for them.
Original photo by Pat Hensley