Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Tyrant’s Daughter – A Book Review

thetyrantsdaughter I recently read the book The Tyrant’s Daughter by J.C. Carleson. This is the review that I gave the book and I am not being paid to give this review):

The story is about a 15 year old girl who comes to America with her mother and younger brother. They come to America because her father, a ruler in the Middle East, is assassinated. Throughout the story we see how she has to adapt to a new culture and how things that a normal American teenager takes for granted is seen so differently from someone else’s eyes.

I wasn’t sure that I would like it when I started it but then I couldn’t seem to put the book down. It was very interesting and well written. I think teenagers would learn a lot by reading this book because they would see their peers from a different angle.

This would be good in a high school class or library. It would lead to great discussions on different cultures, religions, tolerance of differences, social skills, social expectations, adapting to different things, and family relationships.

2 comments:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

Added it to my next book order--always looking for good books like this. There is definitely an audience for them.

Micheal Thompson said...

A must read book, interesting. Online readers will get excited.