Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Tyrant’s Daughter – A Book Review

thetyrantsdaughter I recently read the book The Tyrant’s Daughter by J.C. Carleson. This is the review that I gave the book and I am not being paid to give this review):

The story is about a 15 year old girl who comes to America with her mother and younger brother. They come to America because her father, a ruler in the Middle East, is assassinated. Throughout the story we see how she has to adapt to a new culture and how things that a normal American teenager takes for granted is seen so differently from someone else’s eyes.

I wasn’t sure that I would like it when I started it but then I couldn’t seem to put the book down. It was very interesting and well written. I think teenagers would learn a lot by reading this book because they would see their peers from a different angle.

This would be good in a high school class or library. It would lead to great discussions on different cultures, religions, tolerance of differences, social skills, social expectations, adapting to different things, and family relationships.


Cathy Jo Nelson said...

Added it to my next book order--always looking for good books like this. There is definitely an audience for them.

Micheal Thompson said...

A must read book, interesting. Online readers will get excited.