Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 11 Dropbox

Dropbox On the Free Technology for Teachers Facebook, the twenty day blogging challenge created by Kelly Hines was mentioned and I decided to give it a shot. So here is the challenge for today:
“What is a website that you can’t live without? Tell about your favorite features and how you use it in your teaching and learning.”

Another website that I use is Dropbox. I use this in the classroom to upload files that I can share with the whole class.

All of the students had a project where they needed to do some research on a specific disability. Then they needed to come up with a one page information sheet about their project. Instead of running off each sheet for every student, I decided to upload all of them to Dropbox. Then I sent out the link to all of the students so they could download them in a way that suited them the best. Some downloaded the work on their laptops, some on their iPads, and some on their phones. If a student wanted it printed out, they could do this also.

I think this is much better than sending out a mass email with attachments. Many people have a problem getting attachments or receiving emails with attachments. This seems the best way to share files with my class.

What do you use to share files with an entire class? Please share.

Image: 'Dropbox'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17213139@N00/7463062672
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: