Now that February is done, I want to see how I’m doing with my goals to this point. All of my goals can be found here.
For the year: (I only listed the ones that I have been able to do so far.)
1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. I finished spinning 4 oz. of alpaca and plyed it with 4 oz. of Corriedale wool to end up with 608 yards of fibery goodness. I would like to knit a vest out of this.
2. I want to knit a sweater. I bought some yarn from WEBS to make a sweater.
3. I want dye yarn. I have been watching videos about how to do this.
4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. I have picked all of the dead limbs around the yard that have been blown down from wind. I have trimmed back my butterfly bush and umbrella plant.
5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. I haven’t volunteered for any new activities that have come up.
6. I will find something good in each day. Every morning I think about the good things that are possible for the day.
7. I will learn archery. I bought a groupon coupon for archery lessons.
8. I will nurture old friendships. My husband and I have gone out to dinner with another couple that we don’t see often.
I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year
Daily: (I listed each goal and what I’ve done with it.)
1. I will eat healthy. - I am trying to lower my consumption of carbohydrates to only on the weekends.
2. I will exercise. - I am running/walking 2.5 miles on the treadmill at least 4 times a week.
3. I will stretch. - I do this when I remember.
4. I will read my bible. - I found a great site: The New Bible, that also has an iPad app. I am able to subscribe to reading plans that are different lengths. Each day I go to the site and read the assigned passages.
5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. - I make a list the night before of things I need to do but don’t like to do. Then I choose one of them the next day and get it done.
6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. - I do this often by Facebook connections.
7. I will be happy. - I make this choice and knowing that I choose to do this, it is easy to be happy.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with how I am doing with my goals. I have worked harder on them this month than I did the first month. I think one of the reasons is that I know I will review them each month instead of just at the end of the year.
How are you doing with your goals this year? If you are struggling, don’t give up. Just give yourself a fresh start and begin from this point forward.