I started to think about ways to give a present without costing too much money. Here are some of the ideas that I came up with.
1. Make your own Valentine’s Day card. There are lots of samples on line for cute sayings. Use candy hearts with sayings on them and glue them in place of a written word.
2. Make your own coupon for a chore that the other person hate’s doing and offer to do it yourself. Or in your homemade card, list the things you plan to do for that person today.
3. If the other person has a hubby, find ways to enjoy the hobby with them for the day. My husband loves model trains so I offer to take him to the NC Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC (which is free).
4. Make someone breakfast in bed.
5. Find some items around the house that symbolize why you love this person. Put it in a basket or container with a list of what each one is and what it symbolizes.
Here are some sites that I found with crafting ideas:
Making Friends Valentine’s Day Crafts
Kaboose’s Valentine’s Day Crafts
Martha Stewart’s Valentine’s Day Crafts
Family Fun Valentine’s Day Crafts
Do you have any other ideas? Please share!
Image: 'Vintage Valentine's day Postcard'