Monday, February 20, 2012

South Carolina Council for Exceptional Children Conference 2012

032
South Carolina Council for Exceptional Children Conference 2012
This past weekend I attended the South Carolina Council for Exceptional Children Conference 2012 in Columbia, SC.

 If you would like to see the pictures I took, please click HERE.

The theme for the conference was “Meet Us in the Middle.”

I was very excited that the person I nominated, Amanda Walkup, won the 2012 Exceptional Educator of the Year award.

The sessions I attended were:
· Successful Supervision of Paraeducators for Teachers and Administrators
· Developing Leadership Skills in Special Education for Current or Aspiring Leaders
· Self Advocacy and Student Led IEPs
· Legal Resources in Special Education
· Virtual High School Programs: What are they and how do they work?

During the next 2 weeks, I will be sharing my notes from these sessions. I hope you will find them useful.
I had a good time at the conference seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Attending conferences like this help me get new ideas, learn new strategies, and network with other educators. If at all possible, I encourage others to attend conferences like this to get re-energized. I believe the more I do these things, the more successful I will be in the classroom.

What conferences do you attend that help you be more successful? Please share.

Original Image by Pat Hensley

No comments: