Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Everyday Dress Up - A Book Review

EVERYDAY DRESS UPI recently read the book Everyday Dress Up written and illus. by Selina Alko which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I thought this was an awesome book for young children to read. Growing up, I loved paper dolls and dressing up and I believe most children still do. This book focuses on famous women that are great role models for girls. The illustrations are colorful and appealing as well as the story. In the back of the book, there are short biographies of all of the women that are mentioned. By introducing these women to young girls, it is a great way to encourage them to shoot for the stars because there are so many possibilities for them. I also think boys and girls would benefit from learning about these special historical women so I would definitely give this book a 5.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: