Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Believing In Others

“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In Believing In Others, Rushton features celebrity Dwayne Johnson and the football coach who changed his life.

Rushton gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“Have you had a moment where people saw you one way, but you knew that there was much more to you than they thought?

Have you had a moment where you realized you were wrong about someone else? What helped you understand your mistake?”


I like to think that this is why I became a teacher. I want to make a difference in someone’s life. I want to look past their defensive behavior and see the deep-down goodness in each student. This is something I would like my students to feel when they interact with others. I want them to see that they can make a difference in someone else’s life also even if they aren’t a teacher. The best way to influence students to act this way is to model my own behavior.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.

No comments: