Thursday, January 6, 2022

Everyone Has Value

Recently a student from thirty years ago connected with me and shared that she still remembered our class motto: I am a Born Winner. I replied and told her that she always was and always will be.

This reminded me how important it is to show people that I value them. It may be close family and friends but also people that somehow touch my life, even if it is only for a moment. Everyone has value. I think there is so much depression and negativity in the world because people have forgotten this very important value.

Our neighbors are constantly helping us with little things and I hope that we show them how much we appreciate all that they do for us.

Sometimes it is easy to take my family for granted. I want to make sure that I let them know how much they mean to me and how much I know and appreciate their love.

I’m making more of an effort to try to show people that they matter to me. When we ate out the other day, I made sure that I thanked the man who cleaned off our table. We also brought bottles of water out to the men who pick up our trash, It may not be much but hopefully, it is these little things that may make a difference in someone’s life.

It doesn’t have to cost much or take much time but showing appreciation can go a long way.

It is important to show everyone that touches our lives even in tiny ways, that they have value.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments: