Wednesday, October 13, 2021

It Just Arrives

“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In It Just Arrives, Rushton features a woman from South Africa who shares her secret to a happy life.

He gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

  • “Have you ever received a completely unexpected gift, totally unrelated to a birthday or holiday? 
  • Have you ever received something from a kind stranger?
  • What gifts do you give?”
First of all, I love this video because Peggy is a knitter! I’m all about knitting so I loved the video. I knit prayer shawls and hats for the needy with my church charity. Knitting is so important to Peggy! I also loved her message to people and I think it is wonderful advice for students. It would be good to challenge students to think of something they could do or make that they could share with others. Maybe some students could pair up as a team to make or do something.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.

No comments: