Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Beating Zoom Fatigue Strategy – Icebreakers

In 10 Virtual Meeting Icebreaker Activities, the author gives 10 great icebreaker activities. The author states,

“Virtual meeting icebreaker activities are a great way to strengthen your bond as remote teammates, create camaraderie amongst new coworkers, and kick off a remote meeting with a creative flair.”

I think this would be great to do at the beginning of a virtual class to warm everyone up. It is hard to jump onto a virtual meeting and just start having a conversation.

Depending on how long your class is, you might want to do one of these activities midway through the class as a class break. I notice that when I’m looking at the screen and concentrating for long periods of time, I become mentally exhausted. Having this brain break would come as a welcome relief to intense concentration.

I plan on using these icebreakers in upcoming classes and see how my students like them.

Do you have any other suggestions? Please share.

Photo by NOAA on Unsplash

No comments: