Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bring Out the Best


“Can you change your posture so that the situations you’re in a lot bring out your best instead of your worst?”

I’ve heard the cliché: “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” And I believe it is true.

I can wallow in a bad situation that I have no control over and whine about it until anyone around me can’t stand me. I can keep complaining about how bad my situation is and how miserable I am but none of that will help make my situation any better. In fact, it will make me, and others just feel worse.

During this virus, I have done a lot of gardening at home and usually, I complain that I never have enough time. My husband trimmed bushes and did some things that he needed to do.

When a tornado hit our Florida house, we had to hurry down there to fix the damage. Since we couldn’t go anywhere, we were able to make some repairs on our own. In addition to repairs, we were able to do some maintenance things that we normally put off until “we get around to it.” Of course, we are having so much fun doing other things that the opportunity never comes around.

I’m reading a lot more library books that I don’t usually take the time to do.

I’m making more phone calls to connect with family and friends that I don’t usually contact. It is good to know that they are doing okay.

I see that the amount of pollution in the air has decreased and a lot of wildlife has been able to exist in less dangerous environments. Loggerhead turtles are able to use the beaches more freely to lay their eggs without the danger of disturbance.

Many this virus has just given the world a pause in their regular routines and letting people see how they could live their lives more simply. People realize they can still do many things with a lot fewer resources and luxuries.

I hope I’m being kinder to people and their situations even if I don’t agree with their point of view. I hope that I’m appreciative of the many things people do to make my life more comfortable and that I let them know this. I hope I am taking the time to appreciate my loved one and my life the way it is.

How are you bringing out your best? Please share.

Photo by Arwan Sutanto on Unsplash

No comments: