Monday, May 4, 2020

2020 Goals Review for April

We had an unexpected trip when we were notified that a tornado hit our house in Florida.This put a wrench in my exercise plan and my sugar intake went up. I also didn’t get to work on a park blanket square this month but I got ahead last month in case something like this happened.

1.     Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – I was down one pound when we left home but I’m afraid I will show a gain when I weigh myself at home.  
2020
10,000 Steps +
25g of sugar or less
Jan
48%
54%
Feb
66%
38%
Mar
77%
45%
Apr
70%
47%

2.     Crafts – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 25 completed already. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 3 of the project.)
                                                        i.     Completed 6 squares
b.     Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.
                                                        i.     January – prayer shawl completed
                                                      ii.     February – prayer shawl completed
c.     Knit a sweater.  – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater
d.     Knit a ZigZag scarf – Completed
e.     Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.
3.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature. – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a.     The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts 
b.     A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall
c.     The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims
d.     The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir
e.     The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.






No comments: