Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Converge Autism Summit 2018

Last week I went to the Converge Autism Summit and it was an awesome conference. It took place at the Embassy Suites in Greenville, SC.

On Thursday, I had a breakout session on Tips and Tricks for Teachers. There were about 60 attendees and I think it went very well. Two school district members asked if they could contact me to come talk to their schools. I also served on a Q&A panel with 5 others at lunchtime to answer questions from the audience. This was a little scary for me because I’ve never done this before and once I relaxed, I felt more comfortable answering questions.

I attended several breakout sessions from different presenters and learned some new information. There were sessions for health professionals, educators, and parents. I like how there was something that applied to people with different perspectives.

On Friday, one of the keynote speakers was Kerry Magro who was diagnosed with autism at a young age. He was nonverbal when he was very young and now he is a professional speaker. I also bought one of his books!

There was also a great variety of vendors with very useful information for all.

Next year, the Converge Autism Summit will be on March 7-8, 2019 at the TD Convention Center in Greenville, SC featuring Temple Grandin! I can’t wait to go next year!


Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: