Thursday, January 5, 2017

Monthly Review of Goals for December 2016

I was able to get more goals completed but not my weight or new recipes. That means I met 10 out of 12 goals for 83% success. I’m pretty happy with how much I accomplished in 2016.

1.     Lose 10 lbs.
a.     As of 1/31/16 – lost 2 lbs. from initial weight
b.     As of 2/28/16 – lost .5 lbs. from initial weight
c.     As of 3/31/16 – gained 1 lb. from initial weight
d.     As of 4/29/16 – gained .5 from initial weight (I just can’t seem to lose weight even though I’m doing a lot of exercise!)
e.     As of 5/31/16 -  total loss/gain from initial weight – 0
f.      As of 6/30/16 – gained 2 lbs. from initial weight.
g.     As of 7/31/16 – still 2 lbs. above my initial weight
h.     As of 8/31/16 – lost 4 lbs. from initial weight.
i.      As of 9/30/16 - total loss/gain from initial weight – 0
j.      As of 10/31/16 -  gained 4 lbs. from initial weight..
k.     As of 11/30/16 – gained 2 lbs. from initial weight.
l.      As of 12/31/16 – gained 2 lbs. from initial weight.
2.     Spin 52 oz. of fiber  - Goal Met!
a.     As of 11/30/16 – spun 52 oz.
3.     Use at least 5 skeins of my handspun  - Goal Met!
a.     As of 11/30/16 – used 5 skeins
4.     Use at least 3 skeins from my stash that was bought in 2015 or earlier.Goal Met!
a.     As of 8/31/16 – one skein of Fishknits, one skein of Marigold Jen’s Zombie Invasion, two skeins of KnitPicks Stroll in the cupcake multi colorway.
5.     Knit 132 squares on my Mitered Square Sock Yarn blanket. – Goal Met!
a.     January – knit 11 squares
b.     February – knit 10 squares
c.     March – knit 11 squares
d.     April - knit 12 squares
e.     May – knit 11 squares
f.      June – knit 10
g.     July – knit 11
h.     August – knit 19
i.      September – knit 7
j.      October – knit 19 but ripped out 16 because they were going the wrong way. 
k.     November – knit 18 
l.      December – knit 9 (total 132)
6.     Walk at least 1320 miles.  – Goal Met!
a.     January – 146.11 miles
b.     February -  133.7 miles
c.     March -  151.67 miles
d.     April – 164.3 miles (the most miles this year!)
e.     May – 154.2 miles
f.      June – 138.6 miles
g.     July – 108 miles
h.     August – 190 miles
i.      September -  128 miles 
j.      October -  133 miles   
k.     November – 141miles
l.      December - 96 miles (total 1684.11)
7.     Name 3 things from the day before that I’m thankful for. – Goal Met!
a.     Completed up to 12/31/16
8.     Write down one thing that my husband did the day before that I really appreciate. - – Goal Met!
a.     Completed up to 12/31/16
9.     Balance my checkbook, check credit card statements, and pay bills weekly. - Goal Met!
a.     Completed up to 11/30/16
10.  Try 12 new recipes. I have been making the same old stuff when we are at home and think I need to try to liven up our meals.  
a.     January – One Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta
b.     February – One Pan Black Beans Chicken and Rice (added kale)
c.     July – Garlic Mushroom Quinoa – added frozen spinach and sliced olives (It was a success!)
d.     October – Quinoa, Kale, White Bean Soup
e.     October – fried black eyed peas (soaked overnight, rinsed, and salted. Fried in pan with garlic, cayenne pepper, Texas Pete and salt.)
f.      November – Made “fried rice” but used mashed cauliflower instead of rice and it was really good!
g.     November – Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas – they were okay but not something I will make again.
h.     November – Meat and Spinach muffins  - they were okay but not something I will make again.
11.  Work in my yard/garden at least 12 times. Goal met!
a.     January – 1 day - Picked up branches and limbs in the yard
b.     March – 3 days - Worked in the yard! I love Spring!
c.     April –5 days - Weeded front flower beds; spread 38 bales of pine needles,
d.     May – 6 days – weeds growing faster than I can clear them out.
e.     June – 4 days – the heat and humidity is killing me!
f.      July – 2 days – hard to do in the heat and while working
12.  Read 12 non-fiction books. – Goal met!
a.     Voices in the Ocean by Susan Casey
b.     The Words We Live By by Linda R. Monk
c.     Life by the Cup by Zhena Muzyka
d.     Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
e.     Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
f.      Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction by Candace Cameron Bure
g.     Dirty Chick: Adventures of an Unlikely Farmer by Antonia Murphy
h.     The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison (I didn’t like this book but I struggled through to the end.)
i.      Better than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin
j.      The Boy Born Dead by David Ring
k.     Knit to Flatter by Amy Herzog
l.      The Miracle of Meditation by Ryuho Okawa
m.   Knitting Ephemera by Carol J. Sulcoski

No comments: