Thursday, January 26, 2017

Return to Digital Scrapbooking

One of my goals this year was to get back into Digital Scrapbooking. I used to do it a lot until the scrapbooking community website that I loved closed down. A knitting friend of mine told me about another site, Gingerscraps, that is a lot like the one that I used to belong to.

One reason I like doing digital scrapbooking is that I can use the kits more than once. I also don’t have to worry about cutting in a straight line which I’m not very good at doing. I use the software, Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 that I’ve had for years (now they are up to PSE 15).

I think it is a great way to preserve memories and write about the photos so I don’t forget what we were doing or where we were at the time. I have a lot of photos from my parents that I have no idea who the people are or where it was taken.

This would also be great for students to do for projects. By doing a scrapbook page, they can share their knowledge about something specific but be more interesting than a traditional written report.

Do you have your students do something like this? If so, please share.


-->
Here are some examples of my recent pages:






No comments: