Wednesday, June 22, 2016

F is Fear of Failure

Over and over again, I hear people talk about being afraid to try things. I believe that they aren’t so much afraid of trying as they are afraid of failing.

As we grow up, we are made to feel ashamed of failing; to see failure as a bad thing.

How many times did the Wright brothers fail?

How many times did Alexander Graham Bell fail?

How many times did Lincoln fail?

I don’t think failure is so bad as much as how you deal with it.

If you accept it, and refuse to try again or try to do better or differently, then it is bad.

By seeing our failures and working to overcome them, we are also being good role models for others to see.

I think as adults, if we make children feel bad about failure we are doing the wrong thing. Instead we should be helping them see why they failed and help them find success.

I think that is one of the most important thing we can do as adults.


How do you feel about failure? Please share.

No comments: