Tuesday, June 28, 2016

H is for Health

As I get older I realize how much good health is important to my quality of life.

I wish that this was stressed when I was younger.

Nutrition:
I always heard that you are what you eat. It is important to get the right balance of fruits and vegetables in my diet which I didn’t have a lot of it when I was younger. Now I make green smoothies to get a lot of the vitamins and minerals in my diet each day. They give me energy and make me feel good.

Exercise:
I regularly exercise because it makes me feel good (after the initial misery) and I really believe that my skin looks better.

Relaxation:
I am working on relaxation exercises so that when I feel stressed, I can control my worry and anxiety.

Sleep:
Sleep is important so our body can prepare itself for the next day. Less sleep can cause people to gain weight and become irritable.

I believe we need to encourage our students to think about their health at a young age so they don’t have to worry about their weight or blood pressure when they get older. Learning good healthy habits are much easier when you are younger than when you are older.

What good health habits would you add to the list? Please share.

No comments: