Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Favorite Season

DSC_0006In Global Seasons from On an e-Journey with Generation Y, annemirtschin talks about being a member of several global skype groups and how people across the globe are experiencing different seasons at the same time. Then she asked,

“Which season do you like best and what season is it now for where you live?”

My favorite season is spring! I love how I can see the new growth as it happens. It fills me with hope for fresh beginnings and new starts. I like the thought of new things happening. Things seem brighter and daylight starts getting longer. I like to see the new flowers as they emerge from the bare ground. Sometimes surprises emerge as things that I don’t expect come early or bloom different colors.

Right now it is autumn here in South Carolina. I love the fall colors and the world is beautiful on sunny days. Yet, sometimes I feel a tinge of sadness when I think about things dying and everything seems like it is getting darker. The colors seem to start fading away as winter approaches. Temperatures are getting cooler and I have to wear warmer clothes.

How would you answer the question? Please share.

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: