1. Be more positive about tough situations. Many times I try to come across this way to others but I want to feel this way in my heart too. I need to not let others drag me down when I am in a tough situation (usually of my own making) and look at the positive side of things. (Result: I did a pretty good job of this and think others saw the result also.)
2. Make someone smile every day. If we all did that, maybe the world would be a happier place. (Result: I believe I achieved this also. I started each morning by greeting everyone cheerfully!)
3. Lose 30 lbs. I have gained 1)0 lbs. since last year and all of my clothes are too tight. This increasing in weight has got to stop or I will be so big, when I die, they won’t have a coffin big enough to bury me in! (Result: Failure. In fact, I might even weigh more now than I did in January.)
4. Learn to bake bread. I like to try a new skill every year and this is what I plan to give a try. My sister bakes wonderful things and some of my friends do also so maybe I can do it too. (Result: Failure. I didn’t have a lot of time to do this.)
5. Knit a sweater for myself. I have seen so many patterns but then I get intimidated by it all. Last year I stuck to mostly socks so this year I will try a sweater. I have 12 months to get it done so surely I can do it. (Result: I actually finished 2 cardigans for myself this year!)
Overall, I think I did okay with my goals. I accomplished 60% of my goals and will try to do better next year.
How did you do this year?