We saw a lot of wildlife there:
1. Wood Stork (on the endangered species list since 1984)
3. Purple Gallinules
5. Blue heron
9. Green Anole
12. Florida gar
13. Blue gill
15. Red shouldered hawk
In the afternoon we took a tour of the Nike Missile Site which was really interesting. It was amazing to see the technology used in the 60s and 70s. It was hard to imagine that many times the fate of the world were in the hands of such young men. The man in charge of the whole site was only 24. The ranger, Kirk Singer, was an awesome tour guide! He was actually out in Yellowstone when we were there this summer. He even knew another ranger that I’m friends with.
Things I Learned:
1. Bring my own lunch and snacks for a day in the park.
2. Bring lots of water because it was hot outside.
3. This park can be done in 2 or 3 days.
4. Use the bathroom at the visitor center before going on the Missile tour because there were no facilities during the tour.
5. The end of the world as we knew it was a lot closer than we think.
6. Alligators live in fresh water and crocodiles live in salt water.
Have you ever been to the Everglades? What was your favorite part? Please share.