Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One Day and One Amazing Morning on Orange Street - A Book Review

ONE DAY AMAZING MORNING ORANGE STREETI recently read the book One Day and One Amazing Morning on Orange Street by Joanne Rocklin which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):
I would give this book 5 out of 5. I enjoyed reading about the characters and the author describes them in ways that you feel like you actually know them. Great topics to discuss in the classroom include friendship, family, relationships, changes, family illnesses, neighbors, powers of observation, curiosity, and even magic. I think the students who read this book would enjoy it and be able to relate to one of the characters. This book is just chock full of learning opportunities and I would definitely use it in the classroom.
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: