Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Secret World of Walter Anderson: A Book Review

I recently read The Secret World of Walter Anderson by Hester Bass • illustrated by E. B. Lewis in order to review it for The Picnic Basket (I am not being paid for this review.) Here is the review that I submitted:

I have to honestly say that I loved this book! I had never heard of this artist and this book made me wanting to learn more about him. The story was simple and appealing and the illustrations were delightful. It is a great book for elementary school students and would cover a multitude of topics. Topics could include art, geography, nature, environment, mental illness, animals, survival, The vocabulary was rich and inviting. Also included was the author’s note that told more about Walter Anderson as well as the author’s connection to the artist. I would highly recommend this to teachers, parents, and children. On the Picnic Basket scale, this book definitely rates a 5.

No comments: